Friday 29 July 2011

Bad kitty ! Bad !!

Can't resist the urge of sharing my frustrations with the new coming out of Mac OS X Lion. As a start, let me explain that I didn't upgrade to Snow Leopard when it came out. This version didn't bring groundbreaking changes (well, none I needed) and I kept working with regular Leopard and everything was nice. But as times goes, some few software begging to be available for Snow Leopard only, and Leopard get more and more on the verge of being deprecated. Nothing more natural than that. At this time Lion was already pointing the tip of its mustaches. So I thought "hey, let's just skip Snow Leopard completely to jump on Lion, just need to hold for a month or two with some old software". Then the first bad new came: it is not possible to install Lion without Snow Leopard. OK... fair enough, I'm still waiting, hoping Snow Leopard will get a prince-cut on Lion release. Wrong again! Lion is out, and Snow Leopard if still at 30 bucks. OK I get the message Apple, I'm going to buy your goddamn manslaughter feline (I already begin to feel the sharp teeths and claws digging though my skin). I went to the local Apple store, guess what? No more Show Leopard. I went to another local Apple dealers, same thing. OK... So I'm going to buy it online. Guess what? I ordered it on July 28th and it will shipped only in August 11th! Won't get it before the 15th. Almost three weeks! It better not hiss on me when I'll install it.

No comments:

Post a Comment